Yesterday I had one of those days where everything took longer than I thought it would… I had so much to do, but I couldn’t do that, until I did that other thing. I had to do that over there, but that was covered with this stuff, and I couldn’t move it until I did this with it, and… two loads of dishes got done, four loads of laundry (but not folded), two coats of glaze on 11 different pieces, wrapped 72 soaps, and eventually remembered to eat lunch at about 3 in the afternoon. Blah blah blah. So on and so on! Here’s something I took out of the kiln —
Other than that, my brain is aflutter with things I want to do. ALL THE THINGS! And I must do them ALL AT ONCE! That’s not useful. BULLET POINTS–
- I’m planning a few sales in August. That will be my HaldeCraft 2-year anniversary and I want to celebrate.
- I also need a new laptop, and Old Dog needs to see the new vet, so I can’t say that having sales isn’t also a way to drum up money I need to spend.
- I’m torn between telling everyone my schedule and which items will be on sale when… and just announcing it the day before. SURPRISE!
- I need to work on/re-evaluate my HaldeCraft newsletter.
- Halloween soaps are taking longer than I thought they would. I wrapped 72 bars yesterday and that’s only a third… of the guest soaps. Not even the full-sized bars.
- Tim’s cat likes to pee in the dog crate. This is really super annoying when it happens the morning after the day I washed the dog bedding.
- I am not in love with any of my knitting right now. Or my spinning. Or my weaving. What’s up with that?!?!
- I am reading the most horribly written fantasy series ever right now. I slogged through the first book, am halfway through the second book but hate all the characters. I hate even picking up the book. There are two more books after this one. I may have to admit defeat and move onto something that isn’t shit.
- I have three plastic storage bins of old photos and negatives I want to scan in — but that would involve digging my scanner out from underneath the pile of things hiding it, finding room for it on my desk again, and actually doing it. Can’t these things just magically be scanned in from my brain? Just by looking at them? This is the future! Where is my bio-technology?
- I had the weirdest dream last night that I was driving a car, backwards, through territory I didn’t know, with a mountain on one side of me and a cliff on the other. In a forest. Also I was trying to escape mutant bears. WTF?
- I’m sure I have a million other completely random and unconnected things to say, but I also need to go have breakfast and take a shower. I’ve already been working for about two hours. Maybe I should get out of my PJs!