Imma finish this bitch while on vacation, even though I can’t look at it without wanting to set it on fire. I started it in October of 2010 and I swear it’s cursed.
- The whole time I was working on it I was afraid it was too small. It turns out it’s way too big. I could fit in it twice. Perhaps three times.
- The color inspired two people to want to buy sweater quantities of this yarn, which turned into a stressful flaming wreckage of a situation.
- I started to dislike the colorway so much I considered discontinuing it even though it sells, just so I wouldn’t have to look at it any more.
- I ran out of yarn while making it and had to dye more.
- The dyed yarn didn’t match so I had to dye even more.
- I can see the parts of the sweater where I used the yarn that didn’t match; they stand out like a sore thumb to me.
- Did I mention it’s fucking huge? Like, not even “oh I love comfy sweaters” huge. Like, “did you make this for Andre the Giant” huge.
- I hate this sweater.
- I love this pattern. This is a pattern that I saw way back when I first started learning to knit, and fell in love with. It’s the pattern that inspired me to learn to knit cables. This was a brass-ring pattern. It kills me that I hate this sweater.
- I would make this again, however. Not in worsted weight yarn, although that’s what it calls for. I would do some math and make it out of DK, because this sweater also weighs about ten pounds (part of that may be cat hair). And I would SURE AS FUCK not make it in this color.
- I hate this color.
- Brown is my favorite color. It kills me that I hate this project. But I just can’t stop myself from the irritation. It’s been Bad News since the beginning.
- To be honest, I’ve considered ripping it out and selling the yarn. Some of my knitting friends would have a stroke. But some of my knitting friends would TOTALLY UNDERSTAND.
But I’m going to finish it. And then probably give it to someone much larger than me, whom I will hopefully never see wearing it.