Question of the Week: Fun & Sport

Would you rather go hiking or watch TV?

Honestly, that would depend on where the hike was, what the weather was like, and what was on TV. ;-)

Mountain hiking in the snow, in freezing temps? No thanks, I’ll be inside, watching reruns of Star Trek. Flat hiking on a nature trail on a clear, cool, spring or fall day, with lots of great photo ops? OK!

6 Comments

1. Marie Stanley May 5, 2014 9:55 am Reply

I hike to the Winn Dixie or to Habitat ReStore. I like my hiking to have some shopping in it.

2. nakhira May 5, 2014 3:59 pm Reply

Depends on my mood, which may or may not correlate to weather, season, phase of the moon, or space cats.

3. pquinnj May 5, 2014 5:56 pm Reply

TV please. I like my nature to either be seen through a screen, or to be nicely contained. Other people are welcome to enjoy their nature face to leaf.

4. m9m May 5, 2014 10:48 pm Reply

Yesterday Su and I drove to the waterfront and walked her dog a bit. I like that because Cardiff stops a lot to er smell things. It’s really more of an “amble” or a “mosey” than a hike. And there are benches. That’s better than TV but not as good as books.

5. Joe Haldeman May 6, 2014 5:49 pm Reply

Go hiking. I can watch tv anytime, but the chance to take off through the woods with a couple of sandwiches and a bottle of wine? Never turn it down unless it’s blazing hot.

Unca Joe

6. Alice Haldeman May 6, 2014 9:25 pm Reply

Especially If I went someplace I wasn’t sure I’d ever get to see again, I’d certainly hike even in the rain or cold as opposed to staying inside and watching TV. That includes urban hikes. Take Vancouver, for example. Every time I went there it rained almost all the time. But there was so much to see and do, I certainly didn’t want to stay indoors. Even here at home, if I have somewhere to go that I wanted to walk to and it was raining, I’d just put on my slicker and go. Some of the best times I’ve had at theme parks were the times it was pouring rain, leaving me as one of the only people there. So, yes, walking/hiking would take precedence over watching TV any time. TV is just something to run in the background, not spend time actually watching.